I am pleased to share two important changes to Income Tax Filing to make filing returns easier and simpler for Canadians to do their taxes. These improvements were announced by the Honourable Diane Lebouthillier, Minister of National Revenue.
The launch of a new automated telephone filing service called File my Return:
- Canadians eligible to use File my Return will receive personalized invitation letters starting in the middle of February 2018.
- This service allows all the deductions, benefits and credits that the user is entitled to, without the need for any calculations or paper forms to fill out
- The File my Return service is available 21 hours a day, from 6 a.m. to 3 a.m., Eastern time, 7 days a week, throughout the tax-filing season.
Paper Forms Mailed to Paper Filers:
- Taxpayers who filed using paper tax forms in previous years will now receive a tax package by mail
- Before going to an outlet or calling the CRA, we ask Canadians to wait until February 26, 2018 – by then, all packages will have been mailed to the filers concerned.
For more details, click here.