Dear Residents of Whitchurch-Stouffville,
My office has been informed that Canada Post is proposing a relocation of the Main Street Post Office, currently located at 6379 Main Street.
Canada Post has let us know that they have a concern about the amount of retail space required to service the growing population of Whitchurch-Stouffville. Combined with the increasing volume of packages being received at the Post Office, a larger retail footprint is being considered.
We have been assured of several things:
- This is not a closure. It is a proposed relocation.
- No Canada Post jobs will be lost.
- The current Main Street location would continue to be used for operations such as mail sorting.
- If a move is made, the new location would be within 2.6km of the current location.
- The other current location at Shoppers Drug Mart, 5710 Main Street, will remain open.
- A decision has not been made. All feedback will be considered before any next steps are determined.
Canada Post would welcome feedback on this proposal. Residents are invited to share their feedback in one of the following ways:
- Provide your written feedback to my office, and we will forward it to Canada Post for you. This can be done via email at email@example.com or by mail or in person to my office at 6060 Main Street, Stouffville, ON, L4A 1B8.
- Write directly to Canada Post at: Retail Feedback, 2701 Riverside Drive, Suite N1020, Ottawa, ON, K1A 0B1.
- Provide feedback online at canadapost.ca/retail.
The deadline to provide submit comments is May 11, 2018. Please see the poster below for additional details.
Feel free to contact my office at 905.640.1125 if you have any questions.